Internet Explorer won't save images correctly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mtrpls

I am using a Windows 2000 system with Internet Explorer 6.0, and I download pictures from the Internet quite frequently by simply right clicking on the mouse and "save as".

Every instance in the past, this has automatically saved the picture as the same file name and graphic format (.gif, .jpg) as the picture I am viewing. However, just recently, I noticed that IE wants to save images as "untitled" and only gives me the option of saving as .bmp.

For instance, I can right click on a picture with the filename "picture.jpg" and IE wants to save it as "untitled.bmp"...and this only started happening recently. Is this a problem with IE or my operating system? I have tried resetting the settings to default in IE, but that doesn't work. What can I do? Thanks!

The general fix for XP is to clear all temp internet files. This often doesn't work the first time and you may need to close all IE's and do it again. Hopefully, the same will work for 2k.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts