1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mingle1966, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mingle1966

mingle1966 Thread Starter

I need a little advice\help. I need multiple Internet Explorer open at once for various applications. I would like to know how to uniquely name each browser window. I can't use the tabs for all of the appplications but, I do for for most.

I'm very familiar with tweaking the registry to get desired results but, this is a request that I just can't figure out on my own.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. davehc

davehc Retired Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    I assume you want to go to a specific site, with each icon?
    Open the site you want to be on. right clcik in the Window and seelct "Ceate shortcut" It will ask if you want to place this on your desktop. Just agree. You can then rename the shortcut to anything that makes sense to you. When you click it, it will open to that site.
    You can then place the icons anywhere convenient.
    Maybe this is what you are wanting??

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

Renaming the application window is a global setting. If you rename it, all windows will have the new name. It also can have unexpected and unwelcome consequences as I discovered after using a tweaking app to do such.

I'd suggest using virtual desktops. There are many such tools available and you can have a different IE open in each desktop.

4. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Time to use that unknown feature of IE 9:

Open the site you want to remember. Put your mouse on the icon on the left of the URL. Note that it says to drag to the taskbar to pin site. You now have a shortcut, with the site's icon on your taskbar. You can do this as much as you want.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028338

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice