internet explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rwrigh3

I hate internet explorer.. i run MSN explorer on my w/xp .. is there any way to turn off internet explorer or delete it without messing up anything. The MSN explorer works great but the internet explorer has toooooo maaaany pop ups...

thanks

Microsoft made IE a part of the OS you cannot remove, however, there are great alternatives to it.

http://www.mozilla.org/

Download firefox or the suite. Built in popup blocking, and if you install plugins like adblock and bannerblind you wont see ads in pages you are viewing either.

welcome to TSG :)
Go to Start, Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs, Add / Remove Windows Components, then untick Internet Explorer.

Originally posted by kath100:
welcome to TSG :)
Go to Start, Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs, Add / Remove Windows Components, then untick Internet Explorer.
but that only tells you it was removed....you can't really remove it (try running windows update after you did that...guess what? IE!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online