1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sarahjac, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sarahjac

sarahjac Thread Starter

I am currently running windows 2000 professional and have internet explorer 6.I cannot open any internet sites.internet explorer disconnects.Has anyone got any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Thankx

Sarahjac

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Do you receive any error messages when it disconnects?

3. sarahjac

sarahjac Thread Starter

when I open internet explorer my home page opens ok but then when i try to redirect to another page i loose the internet page completely.There is no error message

4. Cheeseball81

How are you connected to the internet?

Through Dial-up? DSL? Cable?

5. sarahjac

sarahjac Thread Starter

i am connected through dial up but i had access to dsl and tried using interet explorer with a dsl connection and the same thing happened
    thankx

6. Cheeseball81

I thought maybe the 'Auto Disconnect Feature' was enabled in Internet Explorer.

You can check in Internet Options - Connections
    Not sure exactly how it's set up in Windows 2000...I guess in Dial-up settings, Properties

See if anything about disconnecting may no longer be needed or disconnect if idle is checked

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269951

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice