internet explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

onilo

i can not get my internet explorer to work it tells me to refresh but it will not i tried tools internet options programs reset web settings the only other problem is it can not find server or dns error windows 2000

Hi

What kind of connection are you using, over a network, your home, dial up modem, dsl?

For first try, check on the TOOLS->INTERNET OPTIONS->CONNECTIONS->LAN SETTINGS BUTTON (at the lower part of the window) and have the AUTOMATICALLY DETECT SETTINGS box checked.

If you are in a network, you can be using PROXY settings, if so, they have to be provided by your network admin.

Check your security settings at TOOLS->INTERNET OPTIONS-> SECURITY-> hilight the INTERNET icon and try the MEDIUM setting. This can be done also with the PRIVACY section. Sometimes settings are too high and the explorer simply does not displays any site.

Try the almighty CLEAR COOKIES AND TEMP INTERNET FILES from the GENERAL SECTION on the INTERNET OPTIONS window.

If any of those work, try making a PING test to any site, this can prove if you have network connectivity at all !

onilo

Impera said:
Hi

What kind of connection are you using, over a network, your home, dial up modem, dsl?

For first try, check on the TOOLS->INTERNET OPTIONS->CONNECTIONS->LAN SETTINGS BUTTON (at the lower part of the window) and have the AUTOMATICALLY DETECT SETTINGS box checked.

If you are in a network, you can be using PROXY settings, if so, they have to be provided by your network admin.

Check your security settings at TOOLS->INTERNET OPTIONS-> SECURITY-> hilight the INTERNET icon and try the MEDIUM setting. This can be done also with the PRIVACY section. Sometimes settings are too high and the explorer simply does not displays any site.

Try the almighty CLEAR COOKIES AND TEMP INTERNET FILES from the GENERAL SECTION on the INTERNET OPTIONS window.

If any of those work, try making a PING test to any site, this can prove if you have network connectivity at all !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.