1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bialmiller, Nov 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bialmiller

bialmiller Thread Starter

I recently installed McAfee Visru Scan Professional 6.0. It found and deleted an ethan virus and a worm named w32/choke.b.worm.

Ever since I did this, every time I run IE it performs an illegal error.

The details read "IEXPLORE caused an invalid page fault in module cslsp.dll at 015f:01638339."

It did this when I was running IE 5 and when I upgraded to IE 6. I have switched back to IE 5 in the mean while.

Please Help.

Thanks
    Kevin

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

bialmiller
    Like Doyce could not find much out there for cslsp.dll but here is what I found. First the dll in not a windows related dll. It seems to be associated to McAfee and about 10 instances of the same error have been reported. Here is what I would try. Scan your McAfee Visru Scan Professional 6.0 install disc for CSLSP.dll and also find where it resides in your system. If you find it on your install disk Shut down your virus scanner go into your system and locate the CSLSP.dll and rename it CSLSP.old. Copy the dll from your install disc and paste it in the same folder where you renamed the other old. Now for safe measure restart your system and try to duplicate the problem. If that does not work and the Dll is indeed part of the install disk, I would contact McAfee for guidence on fixing their software.
    Let us know what you find.
    Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59259

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice