1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jimmy Plank, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jimmy Plank

Jimmy Plank Thread Starter

I have a problem running Internet Explorer using my account name from Aol, just get the Cannot display page and at bottom of page screen a further message cannot find Serveror DNS error. at bottom of page
    If I use my second Aol Email Address Internet Exporer runs okay I have checked options and connections and can find no errors run a computer check.
    I am using Explorer 5.5 with 1000 meg system 228 ram.
    I realize it must be a Aol problem but thought I would try your support first
    When I boot up I also get A line displayed as Follows that could be the problem as I do not know what it means c:\<rem - Windows98 and c:\net work -c:\windows\net start would appreciate any help Thanks Jim

2. Brooks

Brooks Guest

I think that you are right with that could be an AOL problem. Can you connect to any webpage through it.

For some reason, people from AOL cannot send email to our work anymore. AOL does not forward it on. It just drops off somewhere into cyberspace. People from our site can no longer access AOL webmail either. We changed nothing and other companies in our co-operative report the same thing. It seems to me that AOL loves to change things and not inform thier customers about it.

The c:\ is your root drive as displayed in a dos or command prompt. Win98 and 95 would show that on occasion when booting. I doubt that has anything to do with your problem.

3. Jimmy Plank

Jimmy Plank Thread Starter

Re Brooks
    Thanks for your interest

I cannot get any sites from Explorer using my Main Address but Aols pages are OK, when i change to my second adress everything is fine

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

you may have to set up a second user name in explorer to match

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62216

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice