1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Explroer 6

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jkmcdan, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jkmcdan

jkmcdan Thread Starter

The problem I am having is when I log into the Internet and open up my home page all is going well until I try to open a site that needs to spawn an additional window (2nd window) then my system takes about 2-4 minutes to give me the following Internet Explorer Script Error message: No such Interface supported. This is what I have tried so far; reset all Internet Security and Privacy Levels, deleted temp files and cookies, scanned for viruses and removed them. scanned for junk files/programs and orphaned files and removed them, defraged the C: drive and these did not work. One thing I have done that does work (temporarily) is to go to the Run command and run the following commands: regsvr32 oleaut32.dll, regsvr32 shdocvw.dll and regsvr32 mshtml.dll. Each one is ran separately and each one gives me a DllRegistarServer for ... succeeded. Now after completing this I no longer have the problem until I log off then back on as the same user. I must run these three commands again in order to get around the problem. I am really trying to solve this problem without doing a complete rebuild. Any suggestions out there?

System Specs:
    Windows XP Home Edition
    Pentium 4
    512RAM
    Internet Explorer 6 (SP1) with all updates
    Windows Recommended Updates (all)

Thanks,
    Jon

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Don't know the solution to your porblem, but till it gets solved, start using Netscape 7. You may not need to open windows as you can open different pages in different tabs.

May be once you use it, you will never get back to IE. I find it far better than IE and have been very satisfied with it. IT works great.

3. sekirt

sekirt

4. jkmcdan

jkmcdan Thread Starter

This sounds promissing. I have printed out the MS article and will work on it tonight. Thanks for the help and I will let you know if it works or not.

5. jkmcdan

jkmcdan Thread Starter

Did not think of Netscape. I will try this too.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/217226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice