1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Freezes 5-6 seconds every few minutes, then resumes

Discussion in 'Networking' started by guitarwez, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guitarwez

guitarwez Thread Starter

Jan 3, 2005
    Hey everyone,

I've had this problem for awhile now and I think it's time I seek some advice on how to fix it. What is happening is that whenever I'm on the Internet using my browser, SSH client, etc. the Internet program freezes for about 5 or 6 seconds, and then resumes again. This happens every few minutes.

For example, I'm editing an HTML file in my SSH shell using vi and the screen freezes for about 5 seconds, then it continues with whatever I typed during that span. This also happens in IE - I'll be browsing and then when I go to a new page, sometimes it will site there, taking 5-6 seconds, pausing before it loads the page when it should load immediately.

Has anyone else had this issue or know how to cure it? It can be maddening since I design websites all day and it slows me down. Could this be a NIC card problem? Thanks in advance!
  2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Jan 27, 2001
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325080