1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Freezes..........

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WhoaThis, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WhoaThis

WhoaThis Thread Starter

ok i have 3 computers on my cable network through my linksys router. Two of the computer works fine but one of them has a problem with it. Whenever i do anything related to the internet the whole computer freezes and stays frozen until i reset the computer. Every other program/file works fine exept the internet. What could be causing this?

2. TheGrimLife

TheGrimLife

Is the ISP/internet program compatible with the OS on the third computer? just a guess, what do you think, BrianF?

3. WhoaThis

WhoaThis Thread Starter

All of the computers are running on windows 2000 professional. Any other ideas?

4. TheGrimLife

TheGrimLife

There might be something wrong with your IP addressing on the last computer. there is an artificial address you can give to your computer. for win 2000, the dummy address is:

This is in control panel
    dbl click network/dial up connex
    click local area connex
    on general tab, click internet protocol
    click configure

enter this:
    IP ADDRESS: 10.255.255.10
    SUBNET MASK:255.255.255.0

restart. hopefully this will help?

5. WhoaThis

WhoaThis Thread Starter

the default for linksys routers are 192.169.1.-..... all my other computer are running that number with a dif. end number...

6. SherpaOfDeath

SherpaOfDeath

Just Make A Damn CStrike Server...

7. TheGrimLife

TheGrimLife

make a what? i've never even heard of that crap. what's a cstrike? how do you make one, i'd love to know in case i ever run into a problem like that. what a gone in 60 seconds reply!

have fun in the auto-theft capital of the world.

8. WhoaThis

WhoaThis Thread Starter

that is my friend who wants me to open a counter-strike(video game) server but i cannot until i gett he problem fixed

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice