Internet Games Not Loading In Firefox

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

INJ

I've had this problem for a while now. One day, I could play internet games in Firefox, and the next day I couldn't.

The games just won't load up.

I've since upgraded Firefox to 1.5, and made sure I had Flash, Java, and Shockwave installed, but the games are still not loading.

I'm using XP Home if that makes any difference.

Does anybody know what the problem could be here?

Couriant

James
If they are javascript and you ahve the Javascript blocker, you may have to allow it again.

INJ

I don't think I do have a Java blocker, because Java works in IE, and in my Firefox options, Java is enabled.

I think it is both Flash and Java games that this has happened to.

valis

just load them in IE....that's why I keep IE around, for problem sites like that.

Couriant

James
The one i mentioned is an Extension, which is not installed by default.

Check the bottom right corner. Do you have an S with the No Sign on it?

INJ

No, I don't.

The only extension I have installed right now is adblock.

valis

that would do it. That is precisely the reason that I keep IE laying around....I love adblock and nuke it, and every now and then run across something i need (or want) and ad-block does it's job and blocks it....then I just fire up IE, do whatever, and when done, run ewido and get rid of the 800 cookies that are now on my machine....:)

INJ

valis said:
that would do it. That is precisely the reason that I keep IE laying around....I love adblock and nuke it, and every now and then run across something i need (or want) and ad-block does it's job and blocks it....then I just fire up IE, do whatever, and when done, run ewido and get rid of the 800 cookies that are now on my machine....:)
It was Adblock. It must must been pretty messed up, because it listed nothing as being blocked under the blocked list. When I un-installed it however, I got my games back. :D

Thanks for your help.

Couriant

James
yeah it messed up on me too when i got an update.

Well that would explain Pogo if you use that. Their rooms have an ad before you can enter the room.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.