Internet in Android mobile through wire

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wellwisher

i have internet connection ( Dlink parellel hub - Wired) in my office connecting through a patch cord to computer.. But i have no computer now because Computer motherboard not working.... Can i use my internet connection through my android mobile using any wire containing one patch cord ending and second micro usb cord ending? or i have to buy anything else?

TonyB25

Banned
Just use your Android device's internet connection. You don't need to plug it into anything.

wellwisher

having android mobile phone. But internet is wired( Patch Socket). How can i get signal without attaching any wire ? Because Mobile having no patch cord socket than how can i attach patch cord with mobile without PC?

Triple6

Rob
You would want a wireless router, or a wireless access point, and connect the phone to the wireless to use your home/office based internet connection. That's the proper and easiest way to do it and the way the entire rest of the world does it.

TonyB25

Banned
having android mobile phone. But internet is wired( Patch Socket). How can i get signal without attaching any wire ? Because Mobile having no patch cord socket than how can i attach patch cord with mobile without PC?
Sorry. I don't understand your setup. I'll leave this to the networking experts.

Triple6

Rob
Sorry. I don't understand your setup. I'll leave this to the networking experts.
Your suggestion is not wrong, they could just just use their data plan for access on the cell phone, but cellular data plans have limited download caps and depending on the service it may be slow or at least slower than a good DSL connection. What the poster seems to want to do is tap into the DSL service and use that on their cell phone. That's easily doable as most people connect their mobile devices to wireless internet, the poster just needs to replace their router with a wireless model or add a wireless access point to allow that to happen. Possibly his office already has wireless capability and they are unaware or it's turn off and just needs to be turned on.

TonyB25

Banned
I agree, Rob. I would think if the OP's company wants them to use their cell phone on their network, they'd provide wireless network information. I misunderstood the request.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online