1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet in Android mobile through wire

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by wellwisher, Feb 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wellwisher

wellwisher Thread Starter

i have internet connection ( Dlink parellel hub - Wired) in my office connecting through a patch cord to computer.. But i have no computer now because Computer motherboard not working.... Can i use my internet connection through my android mobile using any wire containing one patch cord ending and second micro usb cord ending? or i have to buy anything else?

2. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Just use your Android device's internet connection. You don't need to plug it into anything.

3. wellwisher

wellwisher Thread Starter

having android mobile phone. But internet is wired( Patch Socket). How can i get signal without attaching any wire ? Because Mobile having no patch cord socket than how can i attach patch cord with mobile without PC?

4. strollin

strollin

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You would want a wireless router, or a wireless access point, and connect the phone to the wireless to use your home/office based internet connection. That's the proper and easiest way to do it and the way the entire rest of the world does it.

6. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

Sorry. I don't understand your setup. I'll leave this to the networking experts.

7. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your suggestion is not wrong, they could just just use their data plan for access on the cell phone, but cellular data plans have limited download caps and depending on the service it may be slow or at least slower than a good DSL connection. What the poster seems to want to do is tap into the DSL service and use that on their cell phone. That's easily doable as most people connect their mobile devices to wireless internet, the poster just needs to replace their router with a wireless model or add a wireless access point to allow that to happen. Possibly his office already has wireless capability and they are unaware or it's turn off and just needs to be turned on.

8. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

I agree, Rob. I would think if the OP's company wants them to use their cell phone on their network, they'd provide wireless network information. I misunderstood the request.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice