Internet inconsistencies

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Dzierzba

I am not 100% on if it could be wiring to be blamed (as the ISP says it is). I am an esports coach so latency issues are quite noticeable while doing my job. With that being said I ping tested during the times I would constantly get DC'd from the in-game client and when I have NO issues at all, but these moments are at different times of the day. Multiple people have complained to this ISP (as far as google reviews go) about DC's or outages. This doesn't just affect my PC (which is ethernet connected), but also my echo dot (as it turns off my music which I have to ask Alexa to play again) and my roommate's PC which is on WiFi. I have already turned in the modem with the puma chipset (and got a new modem).

Was hoping if someone would have guessed what the cause would be and if the ISP is at fault? and can someone with knowledge of the field can help me understand what the issue can be.

Some context me and my roommate are using the same amount of data during the tests as everything that is connected to the internet is not changed nor is the way it is connected during both tests to reduce any variables. Both my roommate's PC and my own will have similar results (outside of the Avg MS being higher due to him being on WiFi and I am on ethernet).

Here is when I am having issues: Timestamp-11:20 am
Ping statistics for 1.1.1.1:
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 94, Lost = 6 (6% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 33ms, Average = 14ms

^ During this time youtube or google maps won't load and Spotify on my echo dot will go out as well. I cannot stay inside the game client for longer than 10 secs without a DC, but when I have no issues at all I can go until issues start occurring again outside of 1-2 lag spikes.

Here is when I have no issues at all: Timestamp-3:40 am
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 16ms, Average = 9ms

Also would like to mention I exp. outages at least twice a day and I cannot choose another ISP as no other provider services my area, but plan to go to the ISP tomorrow to figure this out ASAP as it affects my roommate's schooling and my job.

Prior to the past 48 hours, the internet was pretty much fine outside of the occasional outages that last 2-3 mins at most and only happened 1-2 times a day. During the last 48 hours, 90% of my time online has been a hassle.

More info:
-My PC and Modem doesn't disconnect during outages, just reads "not connected to the internet"
-My ISP is Voya - Northland connections which has a 2.5-star rating in my area
-I have already conducted a network reset and even reinstalled my drivers

Last edited:
I am not 100% on if it could be wiring to be blamed (as the ISP says it is). I am an esports coach so latency issues are quite noticeable while doing my job. With that being said I ping tested during the times I would constantly get DC'd from the in-game client and when I have NO issues at all, but these moments are at different times of the day. Multiple people have complained to this ISP (as far as google reviews go) about DC's or outages. This doesn't just affect my PC (which is ethernet connected), but also my echo dot (as it turns off my music which I have to ask Alexa to play again) and my roommate's PC which is on WiFi. I have already turned in the modem with the puma chipset (and got a new modem).

Was hoping if someone would have guessed what the cause would be and if the ISP is at fault? and can someone with knowledge of the field can help me understand what the issue can be.

Some context me and my roommate are using the same amount of data during the tests as everything that is connected to the internet is not changed nor is the way it is connected during both tests to reduce any variables. Both my roommate's PC and my own will have similar results (outside of the Avg MS being higher due to him being on WiFi and I am on ethernet).

Here is when I am having issues: Timestamp-11:20 am
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 94, Lost = 6 (6% loss),
Minimum = 6ms, Maximum = 33ms, Average = 14ms

^ During this time youtube or google maps won't load and Spotify on my echo dot will go out as well. I cannot stay inside the game client for longer than 10 secs without a DC, but when I have no issues at all I can go until issues start occurring again outside of 1-2 lag spikes.

Here is when I have no issues at all: Timestamp-3:40 am
Packets: Sent = 100, Received = 100, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Minimum = 8ms, Maximum = 16ms, Average = 9ms

Also would like to mention I exp. outages at least twice a day and I cannot choose another ISP as no other provider services my area, but plan to go to the ISP tomorrow to figure this out ASAP as it affects my roommate's schooling and my job.

Prior to the past 48 hours, the internet was pretty much fine outside of the occasional outages that last 2-3 mins at most and only happened 1-2 times a day. During the last 48 hours, 90% of my time online has been a hassle.

More info:
-My PC and Modem doesn't disconnect during outages, just reads "not connected to the internet"
-My ISP is Voya - Northland connections which has a 2.5-star rating in my area
-I have already conducted a network reset and even reinstalled my drivers
This problem you are experiencing with your Internet connection disconnecting at times, often, looks like an intermittent sync issue. It is best to contact your ISP regarding the frequent disconnects you are having. They should be able to resolve intermittent sync issues you are having.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online