1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet is not working if i change my MAC address

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pyhton999, Aug 19, 2019.

1. pyhton999

pyhton999 Thread Starter

Hi ! I'm new here. I encountered a problem with ParrotSec OS.

I am doing an Security & Penetration Testing and wanted to change MAC address and work. I successfully changed my MAC address, but the internet is not working.

I was using Digisol (Router) and it's MAC address was registered with my ISP. Later, i changed my router to NetGear and mentioned my OLD MAC address in new router's settings (If i don't do , i wouldn't be able to access internet). I am running Parrot OS in VirtualBox and Practice.

How do i get access to the internet even after changing my MAC in Parrot OS ?

Thanks in advance.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Typically you can change the MAC with the ISP without having to resorting to change the MAC on your router.

Do you get an IP from the router?

3. pyhton999

pyhton999 Thread Starter

Yes , i can contact my ISP and change the old MAC to new MAC.

But, my question is, after doing that,

In virtualbox, i am running parrot os which is for penetration testing. For testing purposes, i have to spoof my MAC. When i spoof my mac , internet is not accessible.

What should i do?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231714

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice