Internet is turning off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kelly0630

I have the high speed internet through my cable and ever since i got a new computer my internet will shut off when the computer has been idle for a while. I feel like i have looked everywhere on my computer for a place to fix this problem but I cant find anything. It isn't a huge problem but it is annoying.
So anways, if my connection to the internet is always available (which it is supposed to be) why does it say when i return from being idle for over 35 minutes that "the network connection is unplugged?" Or how can i fix my computer so the interent is always available when my computer is on no matter if it is in a standby state...... thanks.[/FONT]

What you've described sounds to me like your IP is not being renewed. One cause of this could be a firewall is blocking your DHCP server. Do you have a software firewall program installed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts