Internet keeps disconnecting after all hardware has been replaced.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kylebigmac09

A while back, I posted on another forum about my internet frequently getting disconnected, and then reconnecting. I was told it was a router problem (which I had thought also) and continued to buy a new router to go along with my new Cable Modem. Also, my PC card was changed from a 54mbps Ethernet connection, to a wireless 128mbps wireless connection. My computer is one of 3 computers on our network, one other which is wireless. My internet, nomatter what the level of activity on the connection is, will disconnect from my computer, forcing me to reconnect to get any access. The internet, wireless or not, works wonderful on the other 2 computers. My connection strength is always strong, so I dont think it hs anything to do with that. Since everything involving the connection has been replaced, and both of the computers keep their connection while mine is disconnected, I am starting to believe that it is somthing internal in my computer. I have tried reformating, and it continues to disconnect. I have checked all firewall settings that I can find, and have turned everyone off for a peroid of time to see if that is the problem, but it continues to disconnect.
I run XP Home, with a highspeed cable Comcast connection. My new Router is a Netgear Wireless 108MBPS, and my cable modem (new) is a Motorola Surfboard. New pc cards are Trendnet. Like I said, this problem was happening before all the new stuff was purchased.
Thanks to anyone that can help!

is your computer hooked directy into router or you connected thru wireless? Are you using wep? and maybe look for a firmware upgrade for your router? Have you tried switching hardware with one of the computers that never drops net to see if maybe just a conflict with hardware in your pc.

Kylebigmac09

Bal3Wolf said:
is your computer hooked directy into router or you connected thru wireless? Are you using wep? and maybe look for a firmware upgrade for your router? Have you tried switching hardware with one of the computers that never drops net to see if maybe just a conflict with hardware in your pc.
My computer is wireless right now, but before I got this router, it was hooked directly, and still had the problem.
WEP?
Ive upgraded the Router as much as I can get it to, and still the problem persists.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Access the router's web based configuration and turn off all the "turbo" features under the wireless configuration section. You want plain 802.11g compatibility, nothing else.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts