1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet keeps disconnecting

Discussion in 'Networking' started by SpaghettiBird88, Jul 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SpaghettiBird88

SpaghettiBird88 Thread Starter

every so often (anywhere between 5 minutes and an hour), i will suddenly lose internet access and a yellow ! will appear on the taskbar icon. hovering over it states i'm connected but i have no internet access. the only thing that fixes this is 1. manually opening the network settings, disconnecting my wifi and reconnecting to it again, or 2. right clicking on the taskbar icon and selecting "troubleshoot problems". once inside the troubleshooter, after collecting the required data it will say it's "resetting the wifi IPv4 adapter", and after the troubleshooter is finished it will state that "the default gateway was not available". occasionally my computer will run act as if it has ran the troubleshooter on its own without me pressing anything, and reconnect my internet for me.

no other device in my household has this issue, please help

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3969 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -2047 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 283 GB (61 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0P1XMK
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Make sure you have the latest correct wireless driver from (I assume Dell's) web site.

3. SpaghettiBird88

installed the 2 drivers and new firmware i was missing and after 3 days i can confirm it didnt do anything

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I have no other advice, as I'm pretty clueless about Windows 10 problems.

5. SpaghettiBird88

you tried your best and thats what matters

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you by any chance had a Windows Update? There should be one last Tuesday and did the problem start shortly after that.

7. SpaghettiBird88

its been happening since i started using this computer after a factory reset on april 25th of this year

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update > View Update History and see what updates were downloaded recently within the last 2 weeks.

9. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230076

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice