1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet keeps freezing - Help required please

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Basils57, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basils57

Basils57 Thread Starter

Just lately I am having a regular occurence where my internet appears to freeze and not respnd.

The only solution I find is to restart the PC, but this sometimes is problematical also and I have to shut down by holding the power button on. Sometimes the browser page that I am on 'clouds' over when this happens (ie when it freezes). Task Manager will not close the browser application, and I can get it with Firefox, Opera and IE. When it first occured there had been a couple of windows updates, and I wondered if this had caused the problem, but sys restore would not go back either! Re-installing the browser/s does nothing beneficial.

I am connected to my ADSL router via an ethernet cable, and the connectiion from my router to the ISP is ok - I can still access the internet on my wireless laptop while I have the problem on my desktop PC, so the problem appears to be a system one. I am running Vista Home Premium.

I can't get to the bottom of this and any help would be much appreciated.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    This doesn't sound like a networking problem to me. I'm thinking maybe something that would be common to all the browsers, such as Java or Flash Player, etc. When the problem occurs does Task Manager show any such process using a lot of resources?

Does the problem happen on only one or a few web sites?

3. Basils57

Basils57 Thread Starter

TerryNet - thanks, I'll have to have a look when it next occurs, and it's indescriminate and has occurred on all sorts of sites.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/833854

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice