1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet logging on twice

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Dontknow, Sep 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dontknow

Dontknow Thread Starter

I have a friend that is having a problem logging on with the internet. He was using a server and now is trying to change it to just use the phone line. He can log on, but when he tries to check his email (hotmail) he gets the dial up connection log on box. He wants to start using Outlook express for email, which seems to work fine when logged in with the server but not when logged on directly through the phone line. He does have 2 hard drives, could this be part of the problem?

2. wizzkid

wizzkid

Hi,

This is a guess:

Create a folder, say on your desktop.

Find the Internet Explorer folder.

Copy the folder and paste it in to the new folder, then zip it.

IGNORE THIS I HAVE REPLIED TO THE WRONG THREAD DON'T KNOW HOW

Wizzkid

3. Miz

Miz

Have him check the settings for his internet connection in Internet Explorer (settings which Outlook Express shares) under Tools>Internet Options>Connections tab.

I'm not sure which option he wants of the three offered but whichever one he's got checked now is apparently not the correct one. That narrows it down to one of the other two...probably "Dial whenever a network connection is not present."

4. Dontknow

Dontknow Thread Starter

Thanks! I will have him try that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice