internet lost connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

danz

Every time I leave my computer for a period of time. Or put it in the stand by mode. When I come back I have no internet connection. I have to restart my computer. Then everything works fine. I have a cable connection. Windows XP pro. No spyware, malware, virus. Just checked all of that.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
danz:confused:

Check this setting.
Start> Run> type devmgmt.msc then hit OK.
Click the + beside Network adapters and right click on your adapter and select
Properties. On the Power Management tab, uncheck the box:
Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
then click OK.

danz

Augie65,

Thanks. I did the solution for this as you posted. It was checked. I will have to see if it works. I thought that check there was to only put my computer in a stand by mode. Not to disconnect it from the internet. Like when there is no activity on my computer for a period of time. The screen will go black, and then you have to shake the mouse, to get it to work again. I never knew it effected the internet connection. Learn something new everyday. I'll post again if this indeed fix's my problem. And, the same if it does not.
Thanks again,
Danz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online