1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet not Sharing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tazza_0712, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tazza_0712

tazza_0712 Thread Starter

Hi everyone,

okay, here it is. I finally got my network working, and I cant share the internet... I have an ADSL connection and have a network between two Windows XP Machines (one home one pro) the pro is the computer with the internet connection on it. I have tried to use Analog Proxy, and I think I set it up right but that didnt work, I tried using FreeProxy, again followed instructions but still not working... I have previously networked a winxp and win98se to share the ADSL connection and I know that I used analogX to do so, for some reason, whether my mistake, I dont know, but nothing will share. Ive also tried pinging web sites to see if its my browser on the other machine and no response is received. For some reason, I thought that networking two XP pc's would have been a breeze, but how wrong I was! This is very frustrating and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Tazza

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. DVOM

DVOM

What firewall/s are you using? I could never get free ZA to allow connection sharing.

4. Del

Del

Or you could get a cable/dsl router and end your problems.

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Did someone page the router pimp.

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, if you have a router with USB connections in your pocket, you'd be a very popular guy! :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171365

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice