Internet not Sharing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tazza_0712

Hi everyone,

okay, here it is. I finally got my network working, and I cant share the internet... I have an ADSL connection and have a network between two Windows XP Machines (one home one pro) the pro is the computer with the internet connection on it. I have tried to use Analog Proxy, and I think I set it up right but that didnt work, I tried using FreeProxy, again followed instructions but still not working... I have previously networked a winxp and win98se to share the ADSL connection and I know that I used analogX to do so, for some reason, whether my mistake, I dont know, but nothing will share. Ive also tried pinging web sites to see if its my browser on the other machine and no response is received. For some reason, I thought that networking two XP pc's would have been a breeze, but how wrong I was! This is very frustrating and any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Tazza

What firewall/s are you using? I could never get free ZA to allow connection sharing.

Del

Or you could get a cable/dsl router and end your problems.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Well, if you have a router with USB connections in your pocket, you'd be a very popular guy! :D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online