1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet not working after Vista security 2011 removed vista pc

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by pugzly07, Jan 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pugzly07

pugzly07 Thread Starter

Good evening,

I had the same exact issue as this person who post and need some assistance.

http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1031689-internet-not-working-after-vista.html

Here is what he had posted:
    My vista pc just had the Vista antivirus 2011 virus. With help from bleepingcomputer.com for the virus I removed the virus but couldn't access the internet after. The internet is connected correctly and works on another computer but on the laptop that it was infected it stay in identifying... when I try to connect to the network. An user by kevinf80 helped someone with a similar problem but on windows xp. Any help from this user or someone with similar knowledge is appreciated!

Here is a link to the guide this person and myself have followed:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-win-7-internet-security-2011

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

2. TekTime

TekTime

Perhaps the virus destroyed your IP address settings.
    Try this first:

Go to the command prompt.

Next, type:

ipconfig /release - then press enter.

Next, type:

ipconfig /renew - next, press Enter

See if you can connect after the process completes.
    If not, post back for further assistance.

3. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

If no luck with the above,

Click Start > Programs > Accessories > right-click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt.

In the Command Prompt, type in the bold text, one command after the other, pressing Enter between each one of them:

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log

Reset IPv6 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults: netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log

Restart the computer.

4. pugzly07

pugzly07 Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

The ipconfig /release returned this error: The RPC server is unavailable.

I completed the netsh commands and still no luck.

My guess is something was corrupted in the registry during the removal the virus.

Any other suggestions?

5. drewhop

drewhop

what internet browser are you using ? check to see if it changed Ur network connection to proxy

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1038123