Internet Not Working Properly

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Cairo321

Hi, I have an issue with downloads. My internet has been funny for weeks. At the start, my internet would say it was connected, but not be able to connect to any websites. When my internet goes down, it affects everything. But in the last seven days, when i try to download files from the likes of Moddb or armaholic, it tells me that the page is loading and that can happen for up to twenty minutes before a download can start. That affects all browsers but not steam or utorrent. The whole way during this playing certain players e.g putlocker have the same problem. They will take about twenty minutes to cache. When my files do eventually download, they seem capped at 102,400kb no matter how big the download is. (I checked the size on disk). Its not an issue with download speed as steam downloads at 10.6mb/s and utorrent at 6.5mb/s. Im running a custom rig with win7 on it, also i have the computer a year in Feb and it hasn't happened before. Any help or advice with this would really help. My techie wants to format my machine, but my life is on this and I don't want to lose anything. Im looking for a second opinion because I think my tech guy is taking the lazy option. Also, i have extensive anti virus systems on the comp and the whole machine is scanned daily.

Thanks in advance guys

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online