Internet not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gera

I recently reinstalled win7 on my laptop and everything works fine except my internet. Both ethernet and Wi-Fi won't work. On my connection tab in bottom-right corner it says "No connections available", and on device manager there aren't any networks.

Fireflycph

Morten
WHat do you have under "Unknown Devices" in Device Manager.

Did you install all the relevant drivers for the board? And, in the right order?

If you tell us which Make and exact model of laptop you have we can, hopefully, direct you to the right place for downloads.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
There is no apparent reason why if the Ethernet cable is connected the internet should not work and certainly device manager should show a network adapter
The wireless adapter is far more requiring of the driver installation than is the Ethernet adapter
Does device manager show unknown devices?

Is the install of Windows 7 inclusive of SP1
Many problems are solved when SP1 is installed

What is the make and full model of the laptop

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online