1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Only Slow on My Computer All of a Sudden

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Craaze, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Craaze

Craaze Thread Starter

So, the internet today became insanely slow (I have wireless fyi) , something like 100 kb/s which used to be 2.0 mb/s. I can't even load a YouTube video at 360p. A few things have happened recently which may be the cause. First, I left my computer on all night, but since it has been off, so I don't think thats it. My mom recently turned off my computer by holding down the power button. I have searched my computer for viruses with 4 different programs and nothing has come up. I have also restarted my router and modem multiple times and nothing has happened. AND, I did a 3 hour long fragmentation of my hard drive/ cleaning of the computer. PLEASE someone help me, it seems as though nothing will work

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

How is internet access on this computer with an ethernet connection?

Any other device using the same wireless network, and if so how is its internet access?

If you are running Windows ...

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with that see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows 7 or Vista I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

Also show ...

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065728