"Internet page cant be displayed"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

markde101

Hi Guys

I have a problem with my ADSL at home, i have tried both firefox and IE, my problem is i can surf internet pages fine for a bit then all of a sudden ,when i start going to different pages and links, i get "this page cant be displayed" error. I reset my router, i have done scans for viruses, i have checked my DNS with the ISP,all these checks have come to no avail.please advise.
Thanks in advance
Regards

Is it a wired or wireless connection? If wired check that the filters are placed correctly (if ADSL).

If wireless try moving the aerial

markde101

Thanks for the prompt response...the ADSL is wired, the filter is 100% i checked it.

These problems are the hardest to diagnose. It may be your ISP or the quality of your phone line. If none of your settings have changed and the problem is intermittent then ISP is probably the culprit.

I take it it happens in other Browsers too?

If you can get someone else to connect their laptop (for example) to your set up i.e. network cable - do they experience the same problem?

markde101

morning cjs23.

yeah it any browser i try firefox,ie7 chrome.I phoned the isp and they doubole checked all the settings with me,DNS,etc.
I have noticed it is if i go to 1 or 2 pages specifically, thereafter any other web pages i go to"cant be displayed" across all the browsers.However if i dont go to these webpages, the internet is fine,strange hey.Never heard of that before.Ill probably have to stay away from these pages,somehow.What you think ever hear of websites doing this

markde101

Got AVG scanned no problems,but the malwarebytes i downloade and came across a worm in on my pc.i have killed it so far so good.Thank you for the additional security program advice.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online