Internet pages rarely loading and stalling

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spdavid

Hey, I'm having troubles with my internet connection lately. I'm running Windows XP SP2, I have an ADSL Sympatico(Canadian) broadband connection, and I use IE/Firefox.

Recently a lot of the pages (50%) I visit get stuck loading halfway or never load at all and I have to keep refreshing until it works. Also I cannot load any Youtube videos or videos from any Video sites like YouTube.

The most recent thing I installed was Motorola phonetools for my phone, USB drivers also for my phone, and bluetooth software. The bluetooth software seemed to have reset a lot of my settings. For example I use an online chat program and it changed my default microphone to bluetooth and also in another program it changed the network card I'm suppose to use. Might this be related to my faulty internet conneciton?

DSL connections are sensitive to local interference. Crosstalk could be an answer. I would first be sure to get rid of any spyware, key loggers, ETC. Get "spybot-S&D" and run it. Fix anything it says is a problem. I seem to download something that freezes my mouse. And I only use what I think are safe sites. After search and purge with spybot & AVG. My system runs much better. Perhaps they will do the same for you.

spdavid

I used ad-aware, spybot, and kaspersky but it didn't solve it. Any other ideas?

spdavid

Okay when I closed Kaspersky and Zonealarm my pages suddenly started loading. So the problem is within one of those programs but I can't keep them closed forever or else I get no protection. What should i do?

I personally have never had a problem and I use ZA on three different computers. I use AVG as an anti-virus.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online