1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet pasues?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Liamas, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liamas

Liamas Thread Starter

I have aol 9 on a 8 mbs broadband dsl connection. I connect via the diagnostics test so i dont use the aol software. I run mozilla firefox for browsing the web and thunderbird for email.
    I have zone alarm running as my firewall, spyblaster, kaspersky active virus shield, microsoft antispy, and spyware guard. I run windows XP which is fully updated with all patches. In case you feel you need it:

cpu: intel p4 3.0ghz
    gpu: xfx 6600 GT 128mbxfx
    ram: 1 gig

Problem:

My internet connections seems to pause a hell of a lot for 15-30 second intervials. It is especially bad this morning, it has taken me 45 minutes to get this far. It will just freeze and if i press ctrl alt del it is showing mozilla firefox as "not responding". If i look at the toolbar at the bottom of my screen the network connection icon just goes dull and doesnt flash blue once during these pauses. The internet then comes back to life after 15-30 seconds and mozilla is now working in task manager. The strange thing is the internet is fine while using the other hardrive i have installed on this pc. I have no malware, virsus's, trojans, spyware, etc. I have done deep scans with trendmico online, and all of the above i listed which took me 7+ hours to complete. It found some trojans and a few spyware, nothing major. I tend to get a lot of peoplems when i instal mozila and have had past problems. I dont know if this is software realated or a problem with my connection. IE also does the same thing. Its not a pc lock out as programs will still open fine. I may try and uninstall mozilla and see if that helps. Any suggestions in the mean time would be greatly appreciated. Also could someone explain the best way to uninstall IE 6, and the resinstall.ww

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491364

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice