Internet phone USB?? problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

surfsbabe

I bought a cordless internet phone yesterday, it is a Unisys CIT200.

Everything seems to be ok except the sounds on my computer. The phone sits on a cradle which is pluggedinto the electric outlet which keeps it charging, and there is a USB base station which seems to be causing the problem. If I unplug the base station the sounds on my computer play. If I leave the b.s. plugged in and come to use the computer then the sounds are gone. I can then unplug the base station, the sound returns then plug the b.s in again and the sound is fine as long as sound is going before base station is connected but all this is a pain in the neck, how can I have everthing connected and still have the sounds on my computer??

Not sure if you need to know this but my computer is Dell XPS 400 and I have Bose speakers.

Thanks for any help!!

Your USB phone operates as another sound card. The multimedia applications that your using only support using one sound card for output at a time.

There is a couple of ways around this issue.

1. Switch your multimedia applications to ones that enable you to select the soundcard used, or allow multiple soundcards, or multiple "zones". You can google for such applications: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q="supports+multiple+soundcards"++software

2. Use a "virtual audio cable" http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&q="virtual audio cable"
to mirror the output to both sound devices.

surfsbabe

Thank you for your reply, I am hoping I can leave the base station connected and use the phone whenever I want and also be able to hear the computer sounds etc without having to swap cables etc over. I didn't really understand if I can do that with the devices/downloads described. Also does all this make the fact that I got a separate soundcard instead of the integrated one in my computer a wasted exercise? Thanks again :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online