1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet printing - can't install drivers for fax

Discussion in 'Networking' started by savesheep, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savesheep

savesheep Thread Starter

hello! i am new here, so treat me like a noob! =)

I just set up internet printing for a fax connected to our advanced server 2003 r2 64-bit. I am actually able to add it as an internet printer on my xp machine when i finally get to the part where it asks for the driver. I point it to the driver on the disk (this is a trendnet TFM-560U which uses the Agere driver) and it says 'The specified location does not contain information about your hardware.' Am I missing something? It doesn't even list the Agere company in the list of drivers after I just right-click on the inf and choose install. This is the same driver thats installed on the server (except it uses the 64-bit version)..should i use that one? Is there anyway to force it to use this driver even though it says..well, that its not a driver?

also, on a side note - I used to be able to just goto the server.com/printers/ click on my printer, and choose connect on the left side. That option isn't there any more..is this a group policy setting i need to change?

Thanks everyone!
    -Shea

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/757605

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice