1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Radio

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by iBoffin, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. iBoffin

iBoffin Thread Starter

Hi, I'm currently doing a project for a friend at my college who is starting his own internet radio. I was just wondering is there anyway he can have it so he does the DJ'ing at his house from his laptop, which then streams it to my server (paid webserver) which people then connect to? (Like what uStream does but for audio only with the option to allow users to download a .pls file to listen)

2. charlesying

charlesying

You can use SHOUTcast free Internet radio software for streaming audio.

3. littlephoenix

littlephoenix

yes shoutcast is good but there is alot to be done still, you have to have a server, also software that does the encoding and streaming, i think real audio has something liike that but you have to buy it.

4. andythepandy

andythepandy

A great program that I use is VLC media player, it allows you to stream and transcode to the internet from just a computer with a web server like apache running.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice