1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet randomly crashes!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mmcnaughton93, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mmcnaughton93

mmcnaughton93 Thread Starter

:confused: I have windows 7 on my sony vaio and most of the time when i go on my internet explorer, within 2 seconds a message will pop up saying that the internet is not working and that it is searching for the problem. It eventually then has to close. I dont know what to do

2. mmcnaughton93

mmcnaughton93 Thread Starter

I use my laptop for course work so its vital i get this problem sorted asap!!

Basically i will turn my laptop on and it will load like normal until it gets to my desktop.
    The desktop shows up fine and like normal but my mouse will still be the circular blue loading symbol. I have waited up to 45 minutes to see if it would go away but it doesnt and so i cant click on anything. I tried control-alt-del to get task manager up but it doesnt work and so im stuck with a frozen laptop. I then have to switch of my laptop manually and start it again.
    Safe mode and safe mode with networking work fine but are not the same. :(
    I really need to get this sorted, as since this has happened i also cant download documents off online websites like that of my college and i need to be able to do this to keep up to speed with course work!!! :mad:

I accepted a windows update just before this all started to happen if that is of any help.

PLEASE HELP!

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go into Safe mode, and run msconfig. Then look in the Startup tab. In there are all the programs that start up as you login. Try un-checkmark all items except your antivirus and start your computer normally to see if it starts up normal. If the circle cursor goes away, then that means that some auto-start programs are slowing down your login. You can then try turning them back on one at a time in msconfig to see which is the culprit.

4. rainforest123

rainforest123

mm:
    To expand upon lunarlander's suggestion, assuming that in the system config utility [ msconfig ],
    assuming your computer is in "normal startup"
    Left click "services"
    Left click "hide all microsoft services"
    THEN, left click "disable all"
    At the startup tab, left click "disable all"
    Left click "ok"
    Restart

Be sure to read http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

RF123

5. rainforest123

rainforest123

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

mm:
    Please run the Tech Guy forum system info utility & post the results.

http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Valuable_links

FYI

We are all volunteers. We will help you as rapidly as possible.

Please provide all of the information requested.

I am simply 1 of many volunteers.

RF123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086582

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice