1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet randomly disconnects

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by DeSTRoYeR661, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DeSTRoYeR661

DeSTRoYeR661 Thread Starter

Hey guys,

Well, whenever im on my computer, my internet just randomly disconnects, then connects again about 10 seconds later. It is unbearable when im trying to play counter strike or just browsing the web. And its really bad when im on msn. Msn signs out when the net disconnects, so yeah.

I have wired with a blue cable connecting my computer to my netgear DG834g (my brother just told me that, im noob)
    I have Windows Vista 32bit

I would really appreciate it if you guys helped me out. I had this problem about 2 weeks ago for around a week and i fixed it by changing the port the cable goes into in my computer (there are two ports). That fixed it. Now i don't know what to do. FFS, it's happened 3 times while i've been writing this...

PLEASE HELP A NOOB OUT!!! I REALLY want to get this fixed! I must game and i must get this fixed soon so i can get the last out of CoD4 before CoD5! I can't even do my work because the internet keeps cutting out!!
    HELPIES!!!!!! (I live in Australia)

P.S This DOESNT happen to anyone else's computer in my house... just me...

2. luq

luq

when did it start happening, any changes you remember making with your hardware/software/settings right about the time it started happening?

3. DeSTRoYeR661

Well im PRETTY sure that it started happening right after we had a power surge. Do you think the network card is half-effed?
    Thanks for your help
    Please, more people reply! I really need to fix this!

4. luq

luq

well it makes the source a little harder to figure out, it could be the network card or router thats causing the unstable connection. if you are sure its after the power fluctuation you can save time by getting your isp to take a look as well :), good luck fixing the problem!

5. DeSTRoYeR661

Yeah maybe. But everyone else's computer is working!? So it can't really be my ISP's fault...
    So what should i do? Just buy an $8 Network Card and test it out when my brother's exams are over?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/766783

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice