1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet randomly drops

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lukeyswrench, Sep 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lukeyswrench

Lukeyswrench Thread Starter

Hello all,

So here's the deal, yesterday I was playing some games on my PC as i'm sure many of us do when my mouse started acting up (it was constantly left clicking when I was holding it down) but I digress, so i grabbed my spare mouse, took the old 1 out of the USB port and popped the new 1 in the same slot. Next to the said USB slot is my wireless adapter (Texet 802.11n USB Wireless LAN card to be exact, some cheap *** 1 i got but it hasn't troubled me thus far) and I must have knocked it or something because my internet just dropped straight away. I thought it would come back up soon after but for the last 20 hours I've been scratching my head and reading forum post after forum post, trying fix after fix but to no avail.

While i'm browsing the web it is usually stable, sometimes drops when I watch Youtube but that isn't the issue. The problem is when I load up online games the moment I hit the play button and it connects to the game server it just dies. I've pinged while doing this and I can see the second I hit play the requests start getting timed out for about 30 seconds, then it will reconnect.

The only game I have gotten to work so far is Minecraft but on other more shall we say demanding games such as World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy 14 and Diablo 3 it just kills it, doesn't even make it to the character selection screen.

I've attached a copy of my ipconfig /all for you to take a look at. I won't go through what I've tried to fix it, I just want to start again with somebody who knows what they are doing just incase I did 1 of the fixes wrong.

Lastly, it's just my PC that the connection drops on, everything else that is wireless in the house is fine and I've tried using a different wireless adapter and it still happens.

Thanks in advance!

Luke.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1156586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice