1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet randomly goes off and on (Netgear WPN 824 v3 router)

Discussion in 'Networking' started by AJoe, Nov 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AJoe

AJoe Thread Starter

Hey everyone, my name is Andre,

I've had a Netgear WPN824 v3 wired/wireless router for over a year now. Recently, the wireless intern connection goes off and on. The desktop computer that's wired to it doesn't lose connection, only wireless devices repeatedly gain and lose connection. To fix it I have to unplug the the router and plug it back in. The connection returns for about 2 minutes and then starts to go off and on again. I'm completely confused about what to do. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Make sure you have the latest firmware; then reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

Multiple wireless devices lose internet access at the same time? Can they still access the router (via wireless) during that time? If not, can you still detect the wireless network?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/964541