1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet randomly stops working for a second

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nimigee12, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nimigee12

nimigee12 Thread Starter

So I've had this issue for a while where a few times a day ( probably like 20 times while I'm on the computer) my internet suddenly stops working for a little while. Im connected to my modem via a cable, and at first I thought the problem was with my computer, but I learned that this also happens to my brother, who is also connected to the modem. The weird thing is that it doesnt happen to both of us at the same time, so its like the internet is crashing. Is it safe to assume that the problem is with the modem? Would it get fixed if I replace it?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If "the internet is crashing" all your devices would lose internet access at the same time.

No. Can you more precisely describe the problem? Does your connection to the router drop? Can you still access the router when your internet suddenly stops working? Is the stoppage really only for a second?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1170987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice