1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet relationships is it cheating?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by deh, Jan 24, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. deh

deh Thread Starter

Ok
    I was reading an article on the How does cyberfooling rank in relationships.
    General consensus was basically just below an actual physical infidelity. So in other words: Worse than strip (ahem I mean Gentleman's) club.
    Hmmm so would you consider it worse than physically kissing another?
    Thoughts?

Personally if your mate is clicking windows shut when you walk in the room, then there are problems.

Man I've seen a cyber relationship basically destroy a marraige and that's ashamed since everyone on the net lies ;). Long story short they agreed to have a cyber bfriend and gfriend. I think the husband thought it was more of a goof than she did. Ended up guy started stalking her. Phone calls, I mean come on why in the hell did she give him thier private number in the first place. I trust my girl but aint no damn reason a stranger esp. a dude needs to be calling my house.

Oh well thought it'd be interesting topic.

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    A real relationship is more than just physical -- being overly paranoid over a "friend" is one thing, but hiding things from your significant other is quite another. I agree with your statement -- if you're not being honest, then the relationship is going down hill, no matter what that lie is about... but especially if it's another relationship, albeit only emotional thru the computer.

3. GreenIs

GreenIs

Simply put: Yes an internet relationship is cheating. Anyway a person gives out feelings to-wards another other then their significant other is cheating.

Been there done that, got the scar on my heart to prove it.

4. littlemar

littlemar

I've made a few good friends via the cyber world and I wouldn't trade them for anything. But like in the "real" world you have to know the limits and the right and wrong of any situation. If someone is going to cheat there's something going on in their life (or maybe not going on) and they'll cheat whether on the pc or not.

Yeah, I've flirted but that's it. I've always done that even out here in the world. My hubby knows and I've never hidden anything from him. Besides I've learned all his strange habits I just don't feel like going through that again with someone else. LOL :eek: :D

5. deh

deh Thread Starter

i suppose youre not gonna give us the dirt, huh ;) j/k

I agree with you littlemar, I flirt to but that is nothing that I don't do in "real life", not saying she likes it but that is who I am and have always been. There were no suprises about it.

6. Jonesiegirl

Jonesiegirl Guest

Hmmm, deh, I feel as though a person needs to be more careful with an online relationship than in face-to-face real life BECAUSE, the online relationship is one of words, niceness, and fantasies. No reality, really. Meaning, in the real life relationship, you have the real life problems and day in, day out issues that come with it. Online, there's no arguing over who's gonna take the trash out, who didn't fill the gas tank... small stuff, indeed, but it's the small stuff that grates. Like the old adage goes...
    "It's not the mountains ahead of me that wear me out... It's the grain of sand in my shoe."

If a person is in a troubled relationship, then I feel that the online relationship tastes even sweeter... imho. Tread cautiously...

7. deh

deh Thread Starter

Oh i agree.

Jonesiegirl,
    Nahh maybe you are taking this the wrong way. I am not involved in anything of the sort. Was just something I read and thought might be a good topic to discuss.

8. GoneForNow

GoneForNow

You mean you get to argue over that? My wife said that those are my jobs, case closed, don't come back and ask again. ;)

9. deh

deh Thread Starter

I'm with ya there.

I know they are all bad but how's this rank?

1)Actual physical sex
    2)Phone sex
    3)Cyber sex

But hmmmmm where would just "kissing" fall? How about....in other words should Clinton's take on what's cheating and not cheating be taken into account? HA ;)

10. littlemar

littlemar

:eek: Sorry, I have a headache!!! :D

Like I said you have to know the limits and what's right and wrong no matter where you are. You also need to know that the written word here is just that the written word. Do you really know that person? Do you know the "real" feelings behind those words?

11. deh

deh Thread Starter

HA,
    Now ya know Our organization (i.e. Men) have the perfect response to that. Took us years of research but we now know the way around that. ;)

12. littlemar

littlemar

Yeah, I've heard that one and it still doesn't fly with me. LOL :D If I have a headache believe me you don't want to be near striking range of me. :eek:

13. deh

deh Thread Starter

HA,
    Just when we think we have it figured out....................... :)
    Don't worry our organization is still working on ways around it.

14. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

If you're married...it's cheating!
    If you're in a committed relationship...it's cheating!
    If you're unmarried and not in a committed relationship....ok...but be very careful as there are lots of crazy people out there! Kath's post says it all imho. :) People can lie so outrageously online about their age, looks, marital status, etc. Real life relationships are much nicer and much more real. :)

Even when you are in a group such as ours you have to watch out for others who might not be as well intentioned as yourselves or pass themselves off as something they aren't. Good can come of this group though! Jimi and AK are a good example! :) But you just want to be careful not to drag out some crazy who'll stalk you or follow you around.

Keep relationships in real life to be safe! Take care. angel :)

15. GreenIs

GreenIs

Seeing how Mar has a headache I thought this was appropriate....:eek: :eek: :D ;)

Hormone Hostage
    The Hormone Hostage knows that there are days in the month when all a man has to do is open his mouth and he takes his life in his own hands!

This is a handy guide that should be as common as a driver's licence in the wallet of every husband, boyfriend, or significant other!
    DANGEROUS: What's for dinner?
    SAFER: Can I help you with dinner?
    SAFEST: Where would you like to go for dinner?

DANGEROUS: Are you wearing that?
    SAFER: Gee, you look good in brown.
    SAFEST: WOW! Look at you!

DANGEROUS: What are you so worked up about?
    SAFER: Could we be overreacting?
    SAFEST: Here's fifty dollars.

DANGEROUS: Should you be eating that?
    SAFER: You know, there are a lot of apples left.
    SAFEST: Can I get you a glass of wine with that?

And my personal favourite.....

DANGEROUS: What did you do all day?
    SAFER: I hope you didn't over do it today.
    SAFEST: I've always loved you in that robe!

Pass this on to all of your hormonal friends and those who might
    need a good laugh! Or men who need a warning. And remember: . .

Money talks. Chocolate sings.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115085

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice