Internet Script Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nightmusic

When I go to a site where I have to turn to the next page, I quite frequently get a pop up saying Internet Script Error. For example, logging onto you just now, I had three such pop ups. They have various changes on them. Just now when a pop up appeared saying:
Line:13
Character: 1
Error: Permission Denied
Code: 0
URL: http://techhelp/forums ETC.
Do you wish to continue running script on this page?
YES/NO

What are causing these and is there a remedy to get rid of them?

Hi nightmusic...try this:

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab. Put a check in "Disable Script Debugging" and save.

Let us know if it works.

nightmusic

I did as you suggested....Settings/ControlPane/InternetOptions/Advanced and I looked at disable script debugging, but the box was already checked. Is it possible to try something else? Thanks.

The option to "display a notification" of all script errors should also be unchecked.

What version of IE do you have? These options don't work or don't exist in IE4

nightmusic

Thanks for the advice, but I guess I'll just have to live with my "error" pop-ups because the "display errors" box was already unchecked, too. Thanks for trying, though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online