internet security installation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nex-opt

I had mcafee internet security suite verstion 5,but purchased latest verstion 7.0,began installing midway thru itstopped,personal firewall plus generated an error in(mpfservice.exe)mcafee personal firewall could not start filter engine(000009a)error number0x0.I can not uninstall it or reinstall the program without this continuing to happen,so far the only thing to install is virusscan,but without the remaining program installed this isn't working properly.My internet service is only working partially,there are some links I can not click on after going to a web site,it will not allow me to access a technical support person . the page will read component download has been cancelled by the user or failed due to incompatible browser settings.I have a microsoft windows xp home edition,version 5.1.2600,service pack 2,system manufacturer is dell computer corp. system model is demension 2400.

can you help please

Did you uninstall version 5 before trying to installing version 7?

If you did not it could be the problem. To correct it uninstall both versions and see if the Internet works for you. I still no luck, try a System Restore selecting a date before you installed the new version.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online