1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Security on more than One Computer

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Raziel_Storm, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Raziel_Storm

Raziel_Storm Thread Starter

To start with I have two computers, on one router, on one ISP. One is a PC. One is a laptop. :)

I want to buy Norton Internet Security.

Do I need to buy one copy for both computers, or do I need to buy one copy for EACH computer?

Thanks in advance.

2. LittleGhoti

LittleGhoti

I personally would not buy it at all, but it is good for 3 computers.

3. Raziel_Storm

Hey, thanks for the reply.

What happens with the subscriptions thereafter and updates?

Daz

4. Raziel_Storm

5. letchworth

letchworth

Many of us have used Nortons in the past- but recent editions have caused many to look elsewhere. Nortons seems to want to "own" the machine (causing big hits against performance-- and other conflicts).

Personally, I have switched to AVG for my anti-virus and ZoneAlarm for my firewall. Both have free versions which do automatic updates as needed. (I have used Nortons for many years- but got very frustrated with all their intrusions. Uninstalling was yet one more example of the frustration. The uninstaller uninstalled most of the program--- but you had to download an additional uninstaller to uninstall that which the uninstaller should have uninstalled in the first place!!!) A grand old company which has been sold-- customers, not sold, but sold out.

In my humble opinion,
    letchworth

6. Raziel_Storm

Thanks for the advice. I remember having it before, and it did conquer my last machine, I was just hoping they had changed somewhat since, but from what other people tell me it hasn't.

Cheers again. I think I will stick with AVG and ZoneAlarm.

7. Kitch

Kitch

Not according to the EULA........

"During the Service Period, You may:

A. use one copy of the Software on a single computer. If a greater number of copies is specified within the applicable Documentation, or the applicable transaction documentation from the authorized distributor, reseller or service provider from which you obtained the Software, you may make the specified number of copies;

B. make one copy of the Software for archival purposes, or copy the Software onto the hard disk of Your computer and retain the original for archival purposes;

C. use the Software on a network, provided that You have a licensed copy of the Software for each computer that can access the Software over that network"

8. letchworth

letchworth

I also wondered about that portion of the statement-- so deleted it when I quoted the statement as I didn't have time to research it at that moment.

The simple answer is that Norton's Internet Security comes in at least two "flavors" that I have found. One is the cheaper version for one computer only. The other comes with three licenses- at about double the cost of the single pack.

letchworth

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/506716