1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Security Warning

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dde, Feb 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dde

dde Thread Starter

All of a sudden I am getting a Internet Security Warning box pop up when I load Outlook Express. It contains these words:
    "The Server you are connected to is using a Certificate that could not be verified.
    The Certificate's CN name does not match the posted value.
    Do you want to continue using this Server?"

Below this are two boxes indicate "Yes" or "No".

I have XP Home, Internet Explorer Version 6.0 and the only thing I did today before this started happening was to try to get one of my email address in Outlook Express that was not getting through, to work. I tried working with the Authentication choices, but nothing improved it so I took it off line.

I have rebooted, disconnected and reconnected my modem/router, to no avail.

If this sounds addressable to anyone please advise. dde

2. winchester73

winchester73

Sounds to me like the "Incoming mail server" and "Outgoing mail server" settings are wrong.

The website of your ISP should give you the information that should be in those settings.

3. dde

dde Thread Starter

that was it and I fixed problem.... thanx

4. winchester73

winchester73

If only ALL computer problems were that simple ... :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/446257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice