1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Sharing 98/98

Discussion in 'Networking' started by HonestDon19, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HonestDon19

HonestDon19 Thread Starter

The situation is that there are two win98 machines networked. We can share files and what not. Now I am trying to set it up so both computers can be online at the same time. I installed the internet sharing deal under add/remove programs. Now I guess there just not configured properly or something. Because the other computer cannot get online. On the computer that doesn't have the modem do I need to do something special to get it to go over the network to be connected? One computer has a NIC, and one computer has a NIC and a modem. They are networked through a hub. Please help. I can't imagine it being all that difficult. Thank you.

2. brianF

brianF

3. HonestDon19

HonestDon19 Thread Starter

well I followed it and what happened was weird. So we were trying to play counterstrike together over the LAN. We tried, and tried with my brothers computer but either he "overflows" or he gets an error that says something like NETQUEUE or I don't know. Well anyway then he gave up and connected to the internet and then the kid that was playing on my computer said that the game messed up while my brother said that I came online. So when we tried to get the ICS working it didn't, but then later all of a sudden it did. So that was good news. Bad news however. Counterstrike was giving him problems and still does, but he thought Gateway Goback would help. He reverted back a day and still messed up. Nothing but problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice