Internet Sharing Service not found

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blacy

I recently went through a fight with spyware. I was a bit too agressive and probably deleted my internet connection sharing service file. Everything on my computer works fine. However the other computers on my network can no longer share my internet connection. When I try to enable internet connection sharing, I get the following error:

An error occurred while Internet Connection Sharing was being enabled.
The specified service does not exist as an installed service.

I am guessing that I deleted a file during my aggressive war with spyware. Can you tell me the name of the file that is missing? I can copy that file from another computer on my network.

Thank you for all your help.

Os? and from the sounds of this this PC was the Internet "host"?

I won't be able to help at all as I don't use ICS just getting more info for someone who may be able to. I'll give my canned answer of "forget about ICS and install a router". :)

blacy

This is the host PC and both PC's are running XP home edition. The host PC connects to the internet without any problem. I am using a dialup connection.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online