1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet slow all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by abutrflykiss, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. abutrflykiss

abutrflykiss Thread Starter

I have cable internet access and my laptop is wireless. It's been working great for the past few months and now all of a sudden it takes a very long time to bring up any web page. Even when I get on a certain site it takes a long time to browse around. It shows that i'm still connected but it seems as if it's not. My main computer works fine it's just the laptop. The operating system is Windows XP. Anybody have any suggestions on why my internet is acting this way? Thanks. :confused:

2. 1069

Hi and welcome to TSG :)

Do you have a cordless phone in the house - these can often conflict with the wireless connection.

3. abutrflykiss

I do not have a cordless phone. I just use a cell phone as my home phone.

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Have you scanned for spyware on the laptop?

5. abutrflykiss

i downloaded ad-aware se yesterday and did a scan. it found some things but it didn't seem to help my problem.

6. yesdavy

yesdavy

Disconnect the wireless and connect via cat5e directly to your cable modem. If you still have the slowness it is in your laptop. If not, it is in your wireless, in which case you should contact your provider support team.

7. abutrflykiss

I just unistalled my norton anti virus and it's running fine now. Does this make any sense?

8. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/450838

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice