Internet Slow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jpalonso

I just built a new PC for my spouse. The internet connection is dead slow. (dail up would be faster) The PC is Intel 3.4Ghz P4, 2gig ram, with a on-board video card using 256mb of ram shared, Win Xp Pro SP2, IE6.0.2900. I'm not sure I have My IE settings correct. I'm using comcast as my service provider. And it is connected to a router, although the 2 computors on this router are NOT networked, (the router is being used as as hub). There are no speed issues with the other computor and it is set up the same way, running to same OS and even less ram. There is also an issue that we cannot play video from our e-mail (hotmail). I have done a complete scan on this new system and it is spyware and malware free.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online