1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet slowdown in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by daz1976, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daz1976

daz1976 Thread Starter

Hello

Please please anybody help, this is driving me crazy. I have two PC's one laptop running XP one tower running Vista 32. Both machines are wireless. Initially both machines were fine running at around 200+kb but now the Vista machine connects to a download at around 130 creeps to 150 then 145 then 155 then 130 then 140 then down and so on until it gets down to 30kb where I get fed up and kill the download. Tried the same links with the XP machine which hits now 260kb.
    This happens wired or wireless on the tower. Have run virus check and ad-aware and Spybot. Tried disabling AV and IPv6 mode. Stepping up then back on Network controller driver.
    It's been happening the last week or so and did do some messing around to get media centre happy with my 360 about the same time this started I think. This is my second Vista install on this PC and the first ran faultless so might be a case of a reinstall if I get too fed up. Any help would be so welcome you would not believe.

Cheers

Daz

2. Jacee

Jacee

You mention 360...is that Norton 360?

3. daz1976

daz1976 Thread Starter

No, sorry should have been more clear. Xbox 360.

Cheers

Daz

4. zacke

zacke

You can give one of these a try:

Run this in Command Console [Start->Run->CMD]
    Download TuneUp Utilities
    At the main screen, click on Optimize & Improve
    Then, click on TuneUp System Optimizer
    Under Select a Task, click Accelerate downloads and Internet surfing
    Follow instructions in the next screens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649104

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice