1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet Slowing Down

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Mencom, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mencom

Mencom Thread Starter

Hi,

My internet/gaming/netflix has been slowing down lately, some parts of the day there are no problems, other parts (4-10pm) its impossible. I live with one roommate, I have my own router and he has his own router. Mine is a Netgear router, not sure what his is. Our internet, with no problems is: 65ping, 4.8 mbps, and .60 upload. When its busy: 180ping, .30 mbps, and .09 upload. I constantly get kicked off xbox live and its super frustrating. The thing is, when my roommate is gone I am able to stream netflix in HD without any problems. However, when he's using netflix the quality of mine drops to the lowest signal and most times disconnects me from xbox live. I'm not sure if this is an ISP issue or a router issue.

Anything will Help, thanks guys!

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Those download bandwidth numbers are for an ethernet connection, right? Do you get the same with a connection directly to the modem?

Do you have cable internet service? If so, are you in a neighborhood where it is reasonable to expect much higher internet usage in the evening?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice