Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Internet Speed Issues

839 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
I have a wireless broadband internet connection that I have had repeated issues with over the years. The speed drastically drops off and on during the day but works perfectly in the am hours. I have contacted my isp and they have repeatedly told me that it isn't on their end. I have replaced my router twice all with the same result. My isp has replaced all of their equipment and said they have monitored my service and have seen no issues. I have tried a direct connection bypassing the router and still have the same issue so I believe it isn't my equipment. I have tried everything to my knowledge to try and fix this issue but it still doesn't work. My isp has pretty much given up on me at this point and wont return my emails with any helpful information besides saying it isn't their fault. Another isp isn't really an option because of the rural area in which I live. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

#5 ·
From what i can tell it has nothing to do with weather. I know that should effect it but there are times during a thunderstorm it works perfect. Its usually around the evening. Right now as we speak its dropping off and on. Then around 12am it picks up and works just fine.

#7 ·
The only thing they tell me is that everything is perfect on their end. As far as I can tell it's nothing on my end either so I just don't know. Also have a friend that lives about 5 minutes away with the same isp and they tell me they have no problems at all.

#8 ·
Also have a friend that lives about 5 minutes away with the same isp and they tell me they have no problems at all.
That would indicate a very local problem. A tree limb that sometimes interferes with reception/broadcast? Something expanding or contracting and changing the antenna's orientation or negatively impacting a connection?

Strictly guessing, I would guess that a satellite is not always perfectly in the same spot relative to your antenna. If we imagine that it can vary from -3 to +3 degrees from dead center then it would be possible that your antenna, either because of orientation or some obstacle, could not properly deal with that entire range. Again, I'm just guessing; maybe what I am suggesting is not even physically possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.