internet speed issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wendlle

I am on a plan where I get a speed of 1500 why is it that when I go to my local connection it says the speed is only 100mpbs?

My net has been so slow lately to the point where I get fed up and turn the PC off. I have to constantly refresh pages to get them to load and it is driving me crazy.

I use a D-link DSL-302G modem with a D-link DI-524 router in my house which are directly connected to my PC. (I use the router to get my Wii connected to wi-fi)

I can't really afford to buy a new modem if this is the problem, but do you think it is?

can you access the net if you are connected directly to the modem ?
Is your lovely (I WANT ONE) Wii connected, does it get online ok ?

DoubleHelix

Banned
I think you've probably mangled the units. Your internet plan is 1500......??? What? What units? I'm going to guess it's 1500 kbps.

wendlle

Yes sorry 1500mbps is the speed I pay for.

My Wii does connect to the net. I can connect to the net without the router as well. It is just that it is all so s-l-o-w I am sick of shutting down and reloading webpages all the time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online