1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

internet speed issues

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wendlle, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wendlle

wendlle Thread Starter

I am on a plan where I get a speed of 1500 why is it that when I go to my local connection it says the speed is only 100mpbs?

My net has been so slow lately to the point where I get fed up and turn the PC off. I have to constantly refresh pages to get them to load and it is driving me crazy.

I use a D-link DSL-302G modem with a D-link DI-524 router in my house which are directly connected to my PC. (I use the router to get my Wii connected to wi-fi)

I can't really afford to buy a new modem if this is the problem, but do you think it is?

2. oksteve

oksteve

can you access the net if you are connected directly to the modem ?
    Is your lovely (I WANT ONE) Wii connected, does it get online ok ?

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

I think you've probably mangled the units. Your internet plan is 1500......??? What? What units? I'm going to guess it's 1500 kbps.

4. wendlle

wendlle Thread Starter

Yes sorry 1500mbps is the speed I pay for.

My Wii does connect to the net. I can connect to the net without the router as well. It is just that it is all so s-l-o-w I am sick of shutting down and reloading webpages all the time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917354

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice