1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Internet speed on my computer

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ShaneCrouch, Jan 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShaneCrouch

ShaneCrouch Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am having trouble with my internet speed at my computer my provder says the speed is fine from their end 100mbps but when i check the speed at my end i am only getting 32mbps the other clue is when I am on a web page it constantky flickers.
    I have reset the router by turning off the power and then back on the other thing i have done is change the ethernet cable to see if that was the problem help!
    Thanks

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    do you really have a 100mbps connection ?
    32mbps is still very high and should not flicker
    I had a 2mbps and that worked fine,
    in the UK 24Mbps is very high , and speeds of around 6Mbps are probably average

Virgin Media Cable has just started rolling out 100Mbps in UK

I recently changed to an approx 10-12Mbps service and can stream HD video from skyplayer and iplayer with no flicker or issue at all

would you try some speedtests
    www.speedtest.net
    http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html?button

i have moved to networking forum , where you should get more appropriate answers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice