Internet speed on my computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ShaneCrouch

Hello,
I am having trouble with my internet speed at my computer my provder says the speed is fine from their end 100mbps but when i check the speed at my end i am only getting 32mbps the other clue is when I am on a web page it constantky flickers.
I have reset the router by turning off the power and then back on the other thing i have done is change the ethernet cable to see if that was the problem help!
Thanks

etaf

Wayne
do you really have a 100mbps connection ?
32mbps is still very high and should not flicker
I had a 2mbps and that worked fine,
in the UK 24Mbps is very high , and speeds of around 6Mbps are probably average

Virgin Media Cable has just started rolling out 100Mbps in UK

I recently changed to an approx 10-12Mbps service and can stream HD video from skyplayer and iplayer with no flicker or issue at all

would you try some speedtests
www.speedtest.net
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html?button

i have moved to networking forum , where you should get more appropriate answers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online